Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert." -Demetri Martin

I've been having a heck of a week. Even though everything that "happened" this week was necessary, it doesn't make the reality hurt any less.

I mean, honestly? it should be great week. I finished my spring classes yesterday! How great is that? I can unpack all of my school-related stress for another two months! And these two months are filled with great trips. Mexico and my little babies for three weeks in July, Nashville for five days in August... it will be a lovely short summer.

But I realized something this past week, and for the first time in a long time, after I realized something, I did something about it.

Which is amazing, because even though I have proof of thinking, I sometimes lack proof of doing.

It's these darn games people! We all have to stop playing games.

Each and everyone one of us claim a name to fame when it comes to games. Such as, people pleasing, trying to seem like someone your not, dating game, friendships manipulation, work face... just to name a couple... all can be games.
And this is not to say, we enjoy these games either. And it is not to say, we realize we are even playing them half the time. Its a way of living, that we all fall trap to. The only way to avoid this is: be aware of your games.

Someone told me, that the best way to live, and the most loving thing you can ever do, is to just be honest about yourself with others. It sounds so simple, but the truth is, when your playing a game, everything becomes complicated.

This means telling the truth, with love, even if it may not make you look too good. Telling the truth, even if it means it will hurt their feelings. Telling the truth, even if it may hurt your feelings. Tell truth even if it may change everything.

Trust should be based on truth.
I'd rather know, that at the end of the day, I was honest with the people around me. Not just in the big things, but the little things as well.

Just today, I experienced the sad side of honesty. :(

*sigh* I am tired. So tired. I wish the games would just stop. Stupid games ruin my week.



No comments: