Friday, January 20, 2012

Dino


I am exhausted and blurry eyed, and I realize I have been neglecting this beautiful thing called writing.

I feel like a person who has been carefully sewn together. 

A few months ago, I taught myself how to crochet. I remember when I finished crocheting this Christmas present. It was a little dinosaur, and I felt this quirky yet deep connection with him. Every stitch, my hand touched, weaved together, until it formed a head, body, arms, legs, and even spikes. I can remember the time when I accidentally made his head crooked, and learning to live with it. I worried I did not stuff his midsection full enough, and at one point he looked like some form of a tadpole-gone-book worm. And like any true creative woman, I choose to name this dinosaur the ingenious name: “Dino”

I know. I have no idea what that name came from either... (bah)

Well, in a really weird way, my alter ego feels like this “Dino” creature, and my pride is the creator.
And in a very raw way I see God coming in with a pair of scissors with my prayers “I surrender” and cutting up my “Dino”. He hates pride. Considering all the time I spent on Dino, this process really hurts.

In the end, I had to give Dino away Christmas eve. 
He was not for me to keep... but unlike my civil manner of sending Dino off into the hands of his 4 year old owner, I seem to be kicking and screaming with every inch this pride gets removed and placed into the hands of an Almighty God.

There is hope however. Big, exciting changes are coming soon, and I just have this feeling that this is all part of God’s preparation for things to come.

Please be patient with me. I promise, it gets better.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I can't wait to read your soon to be writings. I have also neglected mine, but I offer no excuses.

Miss you lady.

-amber