Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cautiously Walking on Egg Shells

This time of year, can be a little rough for me. I do believe twinkly christmas lights are amazing, and the message of Jesus coming to earth is so profound, but I have had a history of saving the most epic of mistakes for this time of year. Choices and situations that created a lot of unpacking for the new year to come.

So this Christmas season I feel like a woman who is cautiously walking on egg shells with her guard up, just waiting for the next battle with a sheer determination to WIN whatever the heck it is....

Rest assure, nothing has happened yet. I have had horrible dreams that almost convinced me something bad happened by the time I woke up, but in the real world, all is well.

I just realize walking around like this, and living life constantly guarding your heart against everyone, is exhausting, and probably not necessary... and causing distance.

I am excited however to finish my exams, and get cracking hard core on my gift making. About 80% of my gifts this year are hand made... my favorite way :) So from next week wednesday, and probably until New Years, this girl will be at her sewing machine or kitchen counter piecing together my gifts.

Ok. Back to those exams...

No comments: