Sunday, January 29, 2012

Feel the Over-Flow Spill all Over your Lap.

As I was driving home from my best friend's birthday party, I had one of those moments.

You know, the moments where you realize something huge in a matter of seconds.

The moments you just start blurting out praises, because you realize how unworthy you are for the blessings you have received.

Moments, where the verse speaks of your cup overflowing, and you can almost feel the over-flow spill all over your lap.

Last year, today, I shared my testimony to a group of woman for the first time. It was also this time, last year I truly hit rock bottom on so many levels- emotionally, spiritually, socially.

Looking at what God can do in just one year is encouraging.

I suppose this girl will go back to frantically making booties for the baby shower tomorrow. I suppose I understand why... now... people just go to the store and buy things. I sure hope this  little lamb chop looks awesome in it's fuzzy crochet bear hat and little booties. We shall see though!

OH, and there's no way in heck anyone will see this dress until after July.... but I found my dress. :) Very exciting. People keep laughing at me, saying I just managed to plan my wedding in one week. I've been titled "Super Bride", or accused of having it all planned out before hand. But to be quite frank with everyone:

 A) It's Dani your talking to, and....

B) I miss my fiance a lot. In fact, I have purposefully made this week busy with wedding things, in hopes the week would go by that much faster. In some ways, it has, in other ways, it hasn't. I can say I got a lot of the hard work done, or at least a lot of the main ideas going. Wedding dress picked out, bridesmaid dresses picked, colors chosen, flowers picked out, location... God is really pulling so many of the details together though.

1. Maid of honor's boyfriend is enthusiastic about making a dance floor. (big relief and joy)
2. My aunt wants to make, and organize the food. (and is EXCITED about it)
3. I have people promising me mason jars, like... just handing them to me.... in fact, the decorative part of the wedding sounds like I am just visiting newlyweds homes, picking out vases, or allowing older ladies to drop off their mason jars and vases at my house...

In other words... I now have no excuse to not focus on my homework, because God is doing His thing.

Ok! back to bootie making....





No comments: