Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Some Alternative Universe

I've been sick.

The kind of sickness that makes you feel like your bones are boycotting your body, for everything just aches.

The exhausted sore eyes.

Sore throat.

Never ending goosebumps.

Yesterday was dreadful, and today I feel a little more functional. So don't pity me too much here.
I have contemplated long underwear for the first time in my life however (layering my yoga pants under my jeans did well enough for today. Kept the chills away at least) since there is little need to be sexy currently, I might just pull that off.
I was thinking they could duo for pajama's or something!
I mean, that could be charming... right?
I thought this was crazy, driving home from school in the evening through a fog. I felt as if I walked into some alternative universe (following a riveting class of peer reviews on papers, only to realize: my thesis does not fit my paper. How does an English major pull that kind of crap off? Easy fix though: fix the thesis so it fits the paper.)

I firmly believe that as you grow up, you realize life is a lot like this fog. You only see so far ahead of you. I used to be the queen of "painted futures". All that white space was just blooming with my version of my future and the direction of my life.

Needless to say, I'm retired from that right now. I'm not sure if part of that is an aspect of my personality, and if I'll catch myself doing it again... but for now I just throw my hands in the air and say "whatever".

So... whatever.

No comments: