Friday, November 18, 2011

Bob the Builder Little Mr. Fix-It-Alls

It is one of those weeks, where I feel like Dani needs to be locked up until her PMS is over. Before I explode over everyone and make everyone feel like crap. Lets view this, as damage control!


By the way,I can not believe next week is Thanksgiving. That is crazy! What is crazier still, is all that I have to get done before this year ends. Yea.


I've noticed, that as Christians, we so often romp around this world as little Bob the Builder Mr. Fix-its. Sometimes we make struggling people into projects, or shower people with a soap-box versions of our own stories and journeys, and most of the time we think we totally understand what another is feeling and going through "Because one time, I went through this... and I felt like this.... and this helped me see this... and thats what you need to do!"


I sincerely believe that the intentions are pure. I know mine have been. And I know other's have been as well.


But I don't think we are Bob the Builder little Mr. Fix-it-alls, that's 100% completely and totally God's job.
People are not our projects.
Most do not want to hear a sermon when sharing their heart
... and we do not always understand what they are feeling,
but for the times that we do, I believe God places those as tools, not moments to talk about ourselves.


"Healing begins when we hold tightly to the truth of God and allow the truth of God to hold tightly to us. God gives each of us the freedom to accept or reject His way. When we lean into His truth, we are less likely to conform to the world. His truth, His Word can be the light for each step we take. It illuminates the path that leads to His heart. God’s Word transforms. The apostle Paul said, “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind” (Romans 12:2a)"
-Gwen Smith


Ok, so I read Job 1-2 today for my awesome new "Read the Bible in a Year" plan. The other night, I was talking to a dearly beloved soul in this world (impressive title, I may add), and talked about two different kinds of struggles. 


- The struggles that are brought upon ourselves with sin, our own choices. Stuff we need to repent of, and actively change in our lives. 
- Struggles that are not that concrete. Things that were not brought into your life due to a consequence of a decision: like my dad's death of ALS (a genetic disorder), or deep struggles of the heart.


And so in Job, I saw the later taking play. Job did nothing to earn his struggles, but rather he was enduring tests.
Made me wonder, what areas in our lives are test ordained and permission by God? 
This is how Job responded to the tests:



 “Naked I come from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away’ may the name of the Lord be praised” - Job 1:20-21

"Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” - Job 2:10

Pretty much. God gives us trouble as well as good times. He gives and He takes away. And that's that.

I feel like I am peppering this with quotes and such. But I feel as if I have been peppered with them myself. So peppered it is.
I'll leave you with this final quote, so I can go and try to feed myself and accomplish great things in the land of homework and productivity! 




 “We live with accusations, sometimes heavy expectations that tell us we can never measure up. And yet You repeat with mercy that in Your eyes we are worthy, ‘til at last we see how much we’re loved.” -The song, "Broken into Beautiful" by Gwen Smith 

No comments: