Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rambunctious reactions to Shooting Stars

This past weekend has been... amazing. It went by in a flash, between car rides and big family reunions, to little kids climbing my boyfriend like a jungle gym, getting my baby fix with a baby girl in my arms, picking up my new kitten, family grill-out, and finishing it all with star gazing to see my FIRST shooting star.

This excited me... a lot. I almost broke my nose
on my boyfriend's forehead due to my rambunctious
reaction to my first shooting star. I remember asking
him a couple times if it was a real a shooting star...
as if I managed to see a fake one or something...

I will say though, my family MAY be the only family I know where in which the woman take over the grill. I am embarrassed to confess I burnt the veggie skewers... but apparently not embarrassed enough to keep this fact off of my blog...

Because this weekend has been so amazing, I feel as if I am dragging myself into the week hoping I will somehow find the enthusiasm to do the list of "have to do's" that I once held so dear in my planner.

Thus today is the after glow with a bitter reality that homework did not complete itself on it's own. My little brother is having his first day of school in a new school today too, I am so curious how this went. (First time ever riding the bus to school, thats a big deal in 6th grade!)

I am also an official mother to TWO lovely cats. I called this my "independent girlfriend decision", of which my "independent boyfriend" agreed in that I have every right to have another cat... despite his allergies. (ok, so maybe the debate did not go quite as smoothly as I depicted, but he said yesterday was the last day he can tease me about it. Which, I don't believe)
She's a little spunk butt though, I believe Honey is a little terrified of this wee one. I'm at loss as to what to name her though.

Ok. So I am going to drag this smiling content woman back to her homework now.


No comments: