Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Can I stick my finger in it!"

"The mixture of chocolate and butter scotch is absolutely delightful!" - I proclaim as I am creaming together my melting chocolate and butter scotch (with peanut butter! Peanut butter makes the American world go round, you just don't know it yet)

Consequently, in response to my adorations...
my little sister Christy does not join in and agree...
or ooo and ahh over my amazing baking skills...

I mean... ok... so maybe I was using the microwave...
its easier!

No. The little nerd looks up from her color-by-number project and says:

"Can I stick my finger in it!"

Oh my goodness.

Good news however! After much searching and rummaging around, I believe I have found the perfect birthday cake for the boyfriend. Chocolate with caramel! And the blog is titled "When Ninjas Cook"... so it has to be good. I hear making home made caramel is tricky however... so this will either be the best thing i've ever made or... the worst.

If all hell breaks loose in the kitchen, I could always go to the store and buy a cake mix from a box and put caramel in it somewhere and pretend I'm amazing...

... problem with this is that he's not the easiest guy to trick... so if it taste horrible he may just have to munch on crunchy chunky caramel.










No comments: