Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This has to be Love

Life really has a way of swirling around us, giving and taking, slowly yet quickly changing. There is this super popular song... which I fail to remember the name... but one of the lyrics says "You give and take away, but I will choose to say, blessed be your name" (Hmm, maybe its called "Blessed Be your Name"....) That line always stuck out. It really make me feel so... mortal...

A complete shift of thoughts (due to sleepiness I am sure)
Look at this little kitties face! I don't care if you hate cats!

Her name is Honey. My mom scooped her off her ex-boyfriend's farm, to later discover she is deaf. I made sure to make my mom into a hero, to save a vulnerable animal. It worked. :)

I love her, quite a lot. I believe God gave me this kitty to help soften this heart of mine. She is cute, and so cuddly, and can make me laugh and say silly things like "your cute cute cute cute!" into her ears as she's sleeping... obliviously... because she can't hear a THING.

But because she's deaf, she has no idea just how loud her meow really is. So there are those moments, when I will find her quite literally howling in the kitchen, deciding that this is the best way to have her humans come find her. She will continue to do this until she sees you, and at this point she resorts to purring and barking and meowing simultaneously as she runs over with her make-up-brush in her mouth.

I mean, this has to be love. How else would I be able to put up with her obsession with trying to hide her food when she has left overs? Or how she loves to play with her toys ON my bed around 5 o'clock in the morning? All the times I have to scoop her our of the toilet bowl, or freaking out when I heard her cry at the vet's office? goodness. I'm pathetic...

My main concern however, is that she is pregnant. I doubt she is spayed, and I have her appointment in about two weeks from now... and I am waiting for her to go into heat... otherwise... my little kitty will become a family of little kitties...

Alas, my blog. I have been slacking lately. Just needed a little inspiration. I promise to not only write about Honey.....

No comments: