Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dinner Time

So, I really only have dinner at home with my family about... twice a week. Tonight was one of those nights. However my family is either moved out, visiting boyfriends, working, or going to school, that today it was only Reed, mom, and I. (well actually, it was only my little 10 year old brother Reed and I who were actually eating, my mom was just there)

And I was feeling rather, frisky, and told Reed, "Lets pretend we are snotty rich people eating dinner together"

He didn't play very well.

But I decided to have fun with it anyway

If anyone knows my mom, they will know that she is a to-do-lister to the extreme degree. She is also an organizer, combined with... a bossy side. Delightful women as well, I should add.

So I would sit there, eat, and listen to my mom rattle off chores and things needed to be done that day, and I would comment and say such things as, "My, so many servants you have" (Much to Reed's delight)

And once I finally got Reed into it (with a British accent too!) my mom interrupted us to tell Reed the homework he needed to complete after dinner. I gave this look that said, "Oh my, how rude." at the interruption.

And much to my sheer enjoyment, Reed turns to me and says, "I apologize, for my mother is not very reverent"

bahaha!!!

Now this is the same boy who managed to catch a duck in the bill a week ago while fishing.

How fun.

Though it is sad to see how some children today do not use their imagination that much. Do you think its all the technology? Or the video games? No need to imagine things when they're right in front of you? Is it something you have and don't have? And when, where, and why do we loose it sometimes?

Ok, back to homework. I have to teach a math lesson tomorrow, teach a tag lesson, and turn in a paper. And considering that editing (grammatically speaking that is) is not my forte, this will be a fun evening.






No comments: