Sunday, August 29, 2010

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" Nevill

Just because you think it, does not mean it has a right to be spoken.

So many times I believe we become so self conceited, so full of ourselves, that we like to believe our opinions are worth gold. I catch myself buying into this all the time, for at times I will be having a conversation, but catch myself spending way too much time thinking of how to get this person to hear what I have to say. And if I don't believe they understood it the first time, I will find a new way to say the same thing. Sometimes, its not until they snap, do I realize I am being obnoxious (Hopefully I'm not the only one who can relate to this...)

The truth is, sometimes, if not all the time, it is best to just listen. Shut up, turn off your self conceited, attention wanna-be self, and give the other person a chunk of your time.

And as passive as listening sounds, it really isn't. I've tried the "Just listen" without really being careful on how I am listening. It doesn't work. People are smarter then that.

I believe that's all we really want. We want to be heard. We want to be part of something or someone, we want to touch something in life and leave a mark. We don't want to feel yelled over, pushed out, preached at, shoved aside, forgotten, unloved, disenchanted, ignored or worse of all - feel as if no one cares enough to listen.

There is value in everyone, and everyone is valuable. Shame on me for not living in concordance to this.

With that, have an awesome Sunday!
Don't text and drive!
It's the LAW!
oh, and don't drink and drive,
or forget to click it or ticket.
Ya know.
Just your friendly reminder from a concerned citizen to be safe out there!
Because driving is a right, not a privilege!
HAHA, and instead of fixing that typo I decided to leave it. Because it made me laugh. Love!

No comments: