Monday, August 23, 2010

"By trying to grab fulfillment everywhere, we find it no where"

I love reading.

Though I love it for various reasons.

Sometimes I enjoy reading for the sheer entertainment value, and trust me, if I am into a book, I become so wrapped around the story, characters, development and plot that it's not uncommon to find me blurry eyed in bed 3:00 AM reading. furiously.
(It is because of this, last semester, I banned myself from such reading during school. Staying up late reading The Kite Runner when you have a test the next morning.... was not the best. Kind of like taking a laxative the night before a Spanish Exam. I'll let your imagination fill in the rest of that story)

And then there is the informational books. Like when I started to run a lot, I bought a book named Brain Training for Runners. I read that. Or the Cycling for Women book... I even have a book titled "7 Things He'll Never Tell you...." fascinating in it's own right. (Yes, I just confessed to doing research on men. Granted some may say that's backwards, but I consider it.... trying to be... knowledgeable...)

And lets not leave out the articles I read sometimes for school that get me talking about ideas and the injustices that exist in this world for months. I cried after reading "Deculturalization and the Struggle for Equality", because for the first time I realized the evils the government did by using education to discriminate and almost de-human the Native Americans, and various other minorities we are all to familiar of.

Why am I ranting about this? I actually have no clue. But it's fun?

Right now I am actually reading Passion & Purity by Elisabeth Elliot for the second time. I love this woman. And I do enjoy this book, so maybe that is why I am writing about my book reading rant. the quote that I titled this entry is actually from this book.

She was talking about the differences, and danger in this cultures views of dating. She wrote, "Everybody's equal. Everybody's free. Nobody is hung up anymore or needs to deny himself anything. In fact, nobody ought to deny himself anything he wants badly - it's dangerous. It's unhealthy. It's sick. If it feels good and you don't do it, you're paranoid. If it doesn't feel good and you do it, you're a masochist" - Elliot.

I'm actually going to just let that sit there. I realize I am not backing up my quote very well, and my point is not very clear. But oh bother.

Because I am little giddy today.

It has just been soooo long since I have felt quite so happy as I have today. I realize that life won't always be this happy... but it is a good day. I'm a lucky girl. It took me long enough to realize it, I know. I know.

"Because noooo... you had to go on a world tour!"

God Bless!





No comments: