Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Art is the daughter of freedom- schiller

There is an art to being patient with someone who is sick. I wish I could say I am one of those nurturing people who do everything they can to make life all that much easier when your body is attacking you. I wouldn't say I am heartless however, I would help. But my version of helping normally entails consistent updates of how you are doing then "what can I do for you?"

Probably due to the fact I don't get sick very often. (as of now. I realize the bad luck that seems to come when you claim your very healthy) At church they were talking about how when you experience hurt, you have a natural compassion towards others in that way. I heard this at the same time Alan was traveling to the hospital to get his swelled up jaw-infection checked out.

However. That is no excuse to not have compassion. I was lost, and now I'm found. I was nothing, and I was saved. I was undeserving, but I received. God gave his everything for someone who would fail every day in old and new ways. I have hurt, and I still hurt, but I live in God's daily grace. Just for those very reasons alone, compassion should flow from me non-stop. IF! I am living in these truths.

So maybe someday, I'll be those compassionate-caring-oh-your-sick-you-poor-baby-you girls. But heck, its a process ok? I mean... I made him jello. That was nice of me.

No comments: