Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pray this Couch In....

I really dreamed of being those super chilled out brides, you know the kind that never need a vent session, and whatever is great and wherever is marvelous... however I have found this past week that everything feels a little intense.

I also dreamed off this thing called a free couch, and refused any thoughts or comments that hinted towards "I do not think we can fit a couch through the doors into this apartment"...
This happened last time I moved out... I bought this couch with no regards as to HOW to get the couch into the second story (home) apartment. Basically... we had to bring it through the window...
I had full faith it would work. In fact I measured out the dimensions and did my utmost best to convince my fiance this will work, borrowed my mom's Yukon, drove it around Grand Rapids, and made my fiance and his friend bring it up the stairs....

Only to spend 25 min trying to get it to move from the small tiny hallway entrance into the kitchen, where my imagination envisioned it moving through the kitchen into the living room.

At one point I even wondered, if I could pray this couch into the apartment.

It did not fit. So we had to bring it back to the Yukon, call a couple thrift stores, and graciously a Bible Thrift Store .2 miles down the road (unusually) had extra help later that night, and allowed us to bring it right over after store hours.

I then proceeded to organize all of Kiel's junk tubs, going through what is trash and what is not (in a very speedy practical manner). Turns out, un-earthing your fiances entire life (which impressively fits into two plastic tubs) is a gentle issue.... not quick and practical.

I also wish the bridal shower I am planning for this weekend could evolve itself..... or that people would RSVP so I knew who was actually coming.... *sigh*

I know blogs should not be used as venting places. I also know that couches are not a huge deal... we shall find one. Probably a futon. I also realize that I am blessed beyond measure, and if I could stop focusing on the couch that did not fit and ill-timed organization moments, I can see it all clearly.

Good news, I did give Kiel my purple sheets for his bed, because he was lacking some good sheets. Even donated one of my fluffy pillows to the cause. He jokes that when he marries me, his bed will be all supped up. I come with a box spring, down comforter, pillow top for the mattress.... he will sleep like a chum.


No comments: