Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Just Saying!

 “The mouth speaks the things that are in the heart. Good people have good things in their hearts, and so they say good things. But evil people have evil in their hearts, so they say evil things” (Matthew 12:34-35, NCV)


When I begin to picture my words as a mirror image of my heart, the room suddenly gets a little bit uncomfortable. I quickly want to think of all my redeeming qualities..... all of the words I say that reflect goodness! It's as if want to deny that deep down I have a critical, prideful heart.


I've always laughed at this phrase: "Just saying!" 


Whenever someone says this phrase, it is normally uttered with a certain intonation and octave that resembles a snotty, whiny child. This phrase normally follows after a statement that was either offensive or just downright unnecessary, and is generally a defense mechanism when the person feels attacked for saying what they did.


What is so funny to me, is what this phrase says. All this statement explains, is that your "just talking", while the Bible explains that what was "just said" is actually a reflection from the heart. All defenses fall to the way side under that light.


Have yet to crawl out of bed. I just discovered that I feel asleep last night with my Bible, which sounds incredibly spiritual, but in reality just means it is currently a crumbled mess on the floor. Also picking up fabric today for my wedding dress's belt, and sushi with my sister in law! In other words, I really need to go going, because I should clean some laundry before I work my first shift at the new restaurant.


Thus concludes the daily play-by-play of Dani. :)

No comments: