Thursday, December 9, 2010

All around me

"Give me eyes to see Lord"

I have a lot of... lets call them, "moments"
Especially this past month.
These include, but not exclude:
crying over a research paper because it was 12:30 in the morning (7 hours of writing was apparently my limit.)
Or my dramatic ways of dreading finals week,
and those odd moments I gratefully go to bed so I can curl up and not do nothing.

Today, are the last class moments.
Realizing I am actually going to miss my educational psychology class: I learned so much.
The rush of freedom mixed with the promise of finals.
Grateful for a boyfriend who stayed up till 3:00 am to help me complete my 8 page paper,
and also equally grateful for my sugar cookie-hazelnut vanilla coffee mix (which tastes as strange as it sounds. One ran out so I did a combo deal... woke me up!)

But as I was waiting for my chicken sandwich for lunch, I was suddenly hit with the realization:
I am content.
This is not due to some personal accomplishment, (besides completing that blasted paper)
nor saying that I suddenly improved as a person from last week to now. (Hahahahahahaha....ha..ha)
It was, (and to all of you who already mastered this in life, congrats) the ability to stand up, breath, and say "all is well".

With all the complexities, all the psychologically analyzed and diagnosed issues in life, it is possible to breath and be OK.

Sure, I (and you) come with bad and good parts. The angry and ecstatic moments, the trusting and doubtful moments, the deceitful and truthful moments, the careless and the compassionate. Those moments I act like a child with a force that can't be reckoned with, and the strength to be humble enough to acknowledge it.

Its the whole me, that God's grace covers. Not the parts I think deserve it, or the areas I see fit for it. With God's grace I have hope, and strength.

I'm just happy God listens to the prayers
of a sleepy eyed college girl driving
to school in her mini-red car.

No comments: