Saturday, January 2, 2010

Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors. —African proverb

First day of the year, and I am crabby as they come. Instead of saying "Happy New Year" you should just say to me "Grumpy New Year". Luckily I am not convinced that this will be the foretelling of things to come this year. I honestly am not sure if I can top last year's grumpiness, it was rather epic.

Someone at work asked me, "So what was great about 2009?" and my brain smirked. However, I simply said, "I moved out of my mom's, and moved back in, and completed my first semester at Grand Valley"

The end.

I entered the New Year with my courageous and inspiring friend Kara. I was proudly given the title of "Good parking spot finder" and we freezed or little toes off in our high heels.

And we talked for hours and wore silly party hats for pictures and sipped on champaign. Then had a sleepover, went to sleep talking, and woke up talking.

I will always be amazed on how long I can talk to people I love and never grow tired of it.

And with that, I will take my grumpy butt to bed and wish you all a Happy New Year.

May we grow this year and keep pressing onward.

No comments: