Sunday, December 20, 2009

Familiar acts are beautiful through love. - Shelly

I am officially in the christmas spirit.

And no, it wasn't the christmas lights and big fluffy snow flakes, or me getting all giddy over the cute christmas cards I discovered (Warning: A LOT of penguins in scarfs this year. Prepare yourself.). It was the lovely Sunday morning church service. It was like God gave the pastors a memo card with the cry of my heart written on it.

And the beautiful thing is? I am now excited about Christmas, I am totally and completely ecstatic to rejoice about the greatest sacrifice known to man, that says- "See? This is how much I love you" He gave his only begotten Son.

Need I say more?!

Also: I painted my new bedroom, a delightful mix between light green and blue.
Plus, I was feeling rather ambitious and decided that today was the day I would teach my little 9 year old brother how to paint a room. I figured this would either go really badly, or fairly good.
Turns out by the second layer he was doing pretty good (As in less comments like- "Hey I see some pretty thick paint in need of some rolling" or "I still see purple over here dude"). However, once my computer's batteries died and the music ceased to play, his solution to the lack of music was stories. Kindly enough, he will always give you the option to the extended version of each story with the question, "Would you like to know more about it? Yes? OK! So..."

I was pretty proud of him however. he helped with nearly everything, until I could tell his poor twiggy arms were about to fall off.
So I took the little worker to Subway and he had a meal that he said- and I quote- "That sandwich was not just good, or kinda good, or even really good. it was heavenly!" Who would have guessed a ham sandwich could be called heavenly? How precious.

And gosh, if someone can find such joy in a ham sandwich I am convinced that every day has big or little pockets of joy everywhere.

No comments: