Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pieces of Mom

I sat there during class, writing with a pen that I have watched my own mother write with so many times.

Papermate has this standard pen that I swear has not changed in the past 20 years...

All of those homeschool days...

Scribble down school planners

Write down notes from a phone conversation

Make those absent-minded big fluffy stars she always made in paper when talking on the phone for a while

Fill in the calendar with meetings, play-dates, and meal plans...

My hand... will become my mother's hand (though maybe with slightly longer finger nails)

Will I become my mother? Is that something that happens to all daughters, inevitably?

How much of my mother, will always be with me?

In many ways I never like to wonder about this, because I want to feel like I am my own person.

I am DANI FAITH

not Mary.

But... if I have parts of my mother in me, and they are not bad parts, then I should carry them with pride.

For this way, I will always carry a piece of home with me, everywhere.

This little piece of home I have, I can give away to others.

Someday I will be mom. (not anytime too soon. noooot quite ready for that. No intense baby bug :)

Maybe, I am mom
so I can be mom
to those who need mom.




No comments: