Friday, July 22, 2011

As if I've finally packed away my "then" and arrived in my "now"

I can not decide if I like Whip-cream or not.

I always eat it, whenever it is presented to me, but afterwards can not figure out if I regret it, or just mildly enjoyed it...

I mean... if I think about it... what could possibly be detestable in whip cream?
It may be too whippy for me... I dislike whip cream frosting... or anything with super fluffy texture.

Ok, so I formally conclude I do not like whip cream.
Unless its chocolate moose.
But that is only because it's heavier than whip cream.
So now I just have to find someone who will eat my whip cream from my coffee drinks, and my life will be temporarily complete.

It is raining outside, and I am content with that. I even cleaned my room, so I do not despise being in it right now. Generally I am a suck-it-up-and-smile kind of a girl, but if anyone wanted to know what's really going on inside: just asses bedroom. It will explain a lot.

I have been thinking a lot about temptation, and false confidence lately. When I was younger, I knew temptation was a real issue, but I under-estimated it's power and disguises, as well as the lies that come with it. Life got messy.

My situations and circumstances have changed dramatically, by the grace of God. I have talked about my past with a review mirror attitude, as if I've finally packed away my "then" and arrived in my "now".
In many aspects, this is very true. But I have been warned recently, to not fool myself into thinking I am above and beyond my temptations.

They may not come in the same packages, but temptations are still there. Everywhere. And I can not become over-confident and start believing "I go this"... because I really don't.

On another note, I discovered a new word!

Pretense: An attempt to make something that is not the case appear true. A false display of feelings, attitudes, or intentions.

I am just waiting for a chance to use it effectively, and when I do, I will be inwardly very excited.


(I may or may NOT have an obsession with cool words. I'm rather tempted to try to write a post using some of my current favorite words..... this may be brilliant or embarrassing for I am known to MISS USE the english language.
However, I believe I have officially over used the word "angst" and "connive", because they have lost their momentary charm.
I'll find new ones.
Do not worry)




No comments: