Monday, October 4, 2010

Where the heck is my "Cool Down" button!?

I thought I’d write when im not in some dramatic “woe is me” mood. I really should be reading my stuff for British Litt… but I am quite done inputting more information then desired.

So I woke up this morning, to my friend Kara calling me. She had to cancel our lunch today because she forgot she had to work. She instead wanted to hang out tonight, but I, in my haze, said “No I need to write a paper”. So I am now to see her Wednesday. A really boring, long story, just to tell you I slept in this morning.

So I decided I would work out, because I really do want to, I promise. But if my life were like my SIMS 3 game, I would totally click “Work out without breaking a sweat” button. But since there is no such button that I have found… yet… I hesitate to work out because I have to calculate shower time afterwards.

But today I did go, and I plopped my little butt onto a bike, and peddled my way up imaginary hills for 20 minutes. Nothing too intense. Then I thought, this isn’t enough, so I’ll go run for another 20 minutes.

And wow. It took everything to stay on that blasted treadmill. Every part of me just did not feel like doing it anymore. It wasn’t so much pain or cramps, just… “Uhg, I don’t like this. Eww… sweat… ehhh… why am I here!? Oh yeah, 20 minute run. Wait.. it’s only been 3 minutes? Crap. Maybe I should cut it in half, like 10 min…. ewww sweat… im tired at looking at the same thing out the window… am I running with good form? Do I really care? Uhg…sweat”

And I don’t know… I believe it was around…. 15 minutes when I was battling pushing the “Cool Down” button. (Random side thought: how cool would it be to have some teal colored “Cool Down” button in real life on people? Wonder if you could just walk around and just push people’s “Cool Down” buttons? It’d be our way of making this world a friendlier place I think.) When I thought to myself: no. I’m not a quitter (haha well sorta). This sucks, I’m tired, but I can do 5 more minutes.

Did I mention imaginary hills? I apparently love that “Hill” button. It’s like, hmmm… “Manual” (aka- smooth sailing) or “Hill” (Aka- opposite of smooth sailing.) and I always push Hill. I heard once its good to keep your body surprised. I doubt they said it that way, but thats how I translated it. So Hills I do.

But hey! I did it! I was the most grateful girl to step of that treadmill today.

I also cut my own hair today. Just the stuff by my face. I think girls with straight hair call them bangs… with me and this stuff called curly hair I call it… curly… stuff? I lied. I don’t have a name for it. But I did, I cut my own “curly stuff bangs”. They look fine. Its curly hair. All it does is make cute little curls, nothing too traumatic. My hair stylist might wonder where they came from though.

I also wrote a kick butt paper today, on Victorian Art. There is actually no such thing, I lead you astray. It’s actually Art in the Victorian Era, because there were so many different shifts and ideas and movements in that 60 year time frame, Romanticism, Impressionism, neo classicism, Symbolism, Realism… ect. Post impressionism! So yeah. Its nice when you pick a topic that you know you can write 10 pages easly on. I cut it down to 5

But seriously… how awesome would “Cool Down” buttons be??

No comments: